Google announced it would no longer allow third-party apps to use the Accessibility service API for call recording. This blows away several third-party applications and users who rely on them to record calls. There is still reason for optimism, though, as the restriction does not apply to built-in system programs. Users may still record calls using the manufacturer's built functionality. MIUI, Realme UI, OxygenOS, ColorOS, and other custom skins include call recording capabilities in their phone dialer application.
Despite the plethora of extra features, many modern mobile phones still lack a primary call recording option. Recording a call is helpful for many reasons. Xiaomi Poco smartphones frequently need to be used to record a call. Finally, Poco added a call recording feature to its model X3 (for Indian users only). If you have a Poco smartphone and need to know how to record calls on a Poco device.
How to record calls on Poco Smartphones M2 Pro and M3 Pro
Xiaomi has replaced its custom dialer app on POCO devices with the Google Phone app. If you still have MIUI's dialer software pre-installed on old phones, follow these steps to record a call:
- Launch the Dialer app.
- On the bottom left, press the menu symbol.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on the Call recording option.
- There you have to tap on "Record calls automatically".
- You'll see the option to record "All numbers" or just "Selected numbers".
- As clear from the option, if you select "All numbers," you can record all of your calls.
- If you choose "Selected numbers" in the drop-down menu, you'll be able to create a start recording only for the "Unknown numbers" or a "Custom list" where you may keep track of just the selected digits.
- If you choose "Custom list" on the following page, you'll see a "Add button" at the bottom of the screen, allowing you to build your own contact list.
- To save your customized list, tap the save button in the screen's upper-right corner.
How to Record Call in Poco using Google Voice
To use the Poco call recording feature, simply:
- Download and install the Google Voice app from the Play Store.
- Once installed, open the app and sign in with your Google account credentials.
- After signing in, you will be prompted to set up your Voice number. You can either use your existing mobile number or select a new one.
- Once you have set up your Voice number, open the app and tap on the "hamburger" icon in the top left corner (three horizontal lines).
- From the sidebar menu that appears, select "Settings".
- In the Settings menu, select "Calls".
- In the Calls menu, select "Record calls".
- From the pop-up window that appears, select "Always record" to enable call recording on your Poco smartphone.
Now, whenever you place or receive a call using your Poco smartphone, the call will be automatically recorded and saved on your device. To access recorded calls, simply open the Google Voice app and tap on the "hamburger" icon in the top left corner (three horizontal lines). From the sidebar menu that appears, select "Recorded calls." Here, you will see a list of all recorded calls stored on your device. Tap on any call to play it back.
Why is call recording missing on my Poco M3 / M2?
The Xiaomi Poco M3 and M2 do not feature call recording because you are using the global edition. Yes, the Google Dialler app is included on the Global version of the Redmi phone rather than Xiaomi's Mi Contact and Dialler application. For now, Google dialler apps do not have call recordings. Despite this, they are working on adding it to their app.
If you have a Xiaomi phone running the Global version of MIUI, the call recording functionality will not be available. The optimum way to obtain it is to download the Miui EU version. It doesn't include advertising and advertisements; it includes Miui's dialer with native call recording. You'll also need to unlock your device's bootloader before installing it.
How to Record Call in Poco M2/M3 Phones
The only way to record a call in the Poco smartphone global version is to use a third-party call recording app such as Cube ACR App.
- Download and install Cube ACR App from the Play Store.
- Now, open the app and give all the necessary permissions.
- Once done, you will see the main interface of the app.
- From here, you can change the recording settings according to your needs.
- You can also set Cube ACR to record incoming or outgoing calls only.
- To record all calls, select the "All" option.
- Now, whenever you receive or make a call, it will be automatically recorded by the Cube ACR app and saved on your device.
- To listen to the recorded call, simply open the Cube ACR app and tap on the "Recorded Calls" option from the bottom bar.
- That's it! You have successfully learned how to record a call in Poco M2/M3.
How to Record a Call on Poco X2 and Poco F1
Poco X2 and F1 come with a call recording feature built-in. To record a call:
- Open the Phone app on your Poco X2.
- Go to the Recent Calls section.
- Tap on the menu icon (three vertical dots) next to the desired call entry.
- From the menu that appears, select "Record".
- The call will now be recorded and saved on your device.
- Open the Phone app and the Recent Calls section to access recorded calls.
- Tap on the "Recorded" tab at the top of the screen to view a list of all recorded calls. Tap on any call to play it back.
What's your reaction?